Duties of the Planning Commission include:
- To make or cause to be made, or to update annually, a Comprehensive Plan for the Edgerton Planning Area; to propose and recommend all revisions and amendments to the Comprehensive Plan to the Governing Body.
- To give notice of and conduct all public hearings pertaining to matters of zoning, planning, and subdivision.
- To recommend all actions, after hearing, concerning zoning text and map amendments, and conditional uses for consideration to the Governing Body.
- To review for final approval or disapproval all required site plans and preliminary and final plats.
- To add conditions to subdivision plats and zoning map amendments when, in the opinion of a majority of Planning Commissioners, such conditions are essential to the preservation of property values, the public health, safety and welfare, and the peaceful and quiet enjoyment of property.
- To grant area and bulk variances on preliminary subdivision plats when, in the opinion of a majority of the Planning Commissioners, such variations are essential to preserve natural resources, overcome practical difficulty, and serve the public interest.
- To hold an annual meeting in June of each year for the purpose of electing a Planning Commission Chair, a Vice Chair, and a Secretary.
- To hold an annual meeting for the purpose of reviewing the Comprehensive Plan and to update or amend the Plan as necessary.
John Daley, Chair
Tim Berger, Vice-Chair
Jeremy Little, Secretary
Josh Beem, Commissioner
Charlie Crooks, Commissioner