Are you an excellent communicator looking for a new and fast-paced challenge? The City of Edgerton is booming with growth and we need someone to help us share the excitement. The City is seeking qualified applicants to serve as the first marketing and communications coordinator. In this position, the selected candidate will be responsible for advancing the Edgerton brand; developing a social media presence; assisting and writing content for sharing important updates across all departments and with the public. The ideal candidate will have an eye for creativity.
Essential Characteristics for the selected candidate include:
• Creative and professional: Can you bring creative ideas to life, with great attention to detail and
outstanding writing skills?
• Energetic and strategic: Are you energetic, patient and proficient at working under very tight timeframes
with a tremendous amount of activity going on?
• Team player: Do you enjoy a fast-paced and collaborative work environment?
• Networker: Do you enjoy developing strong professional relationships?
• Confidential: Can you maintain confidential information until ready for release?
• Quick-learner: Are you a self-starter who can work well independently and with a team?
• Driven: Have you mastered the communication platforms of today? Do you enjoy exploring new communication
platforms to stay ahead of the “next big thing”?
Sample of Duties Includes:
• Maintain the City’s brand and identity through marketing materials.
• Develop a social media program supportive and maintain/enhance the city’s website.
• Responsible for preparing for the city’s newsletter.
• Work closely with the parks department to market all programs, festivals and special events.
• Prepare press releases.
• Serve as the primary liaison for media inquiries.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, social media, digital media, public relations, marketing or a related
communications program, or an equivalent combination of formal education, training and work experience
which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Two years of experience in public relations, content management, journalism or social media with working
knowledge and experience creating HTML and relevant experience across key social media sites including
Facebook, Twitter, blogs, YouTube and Pinterest.
The City of Edgerton offers competitive pay and benefits. The salary range is $39,000 – $49,800.
A full position description can be found by clicking here.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three to five professional references, and a professional writing sample (no more than 500 words) to Ms. Leslee Rivarola, RR Municipal Advisory Services, LLC by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.