City Services


Residential Water and Sewer Services

The City of Edgerton provides water and sanitary sewer and residential solid waste collection services for its residential utility customers. Most of the utility customers reside within the corporate limits of the City, but some water customers live outside the City. Utility bills are calculated at City Hall and sent to customers once a month on or around the 1st of each month.

To sign up for utility services through the City, more information is available here.

  Residential Trash Services

Gardner Disposal is the provider of residential trash collection services for Edgerton residents and will provide one trash and one recycling cart to each residence. Trash is collected on Wednesdays. Your bin must be out by the curb at 7:00 a.m.

  To activate a new residential utility account, please contact City Hall at 913-893-6231.


Household hazardous materials like paint, fluorescent lightbulbs,  aerosols, and automotive liquids, should NOT be discarded curbside. All Johnson County residents can take advantage of the County’s hazardous materials recycling site for FREE by appointment only. All items are recycled or properly disposed of. Mobile pickup is available to home bound residents only. Schedule your appointment online or call 913-715-6907 for questions. For additional options for disposing of electronic waste click here.  

  Commercial Water, Sewer and Trash Services

Edgerton businesses seeking water services may be served by the City of Edgerton or Rural Water District No. 7 for water depending on their location within the city. Please contact City Hall if you have questions about water service.

For businesses served by the City of Edgerton, the City has several water supply sources and maintains three elevated storage tanks that amounts to approximately 400,000 gallons of stored capacity.

Commercial property owners are required to arrange for their trash services with a preferred carrier. The Edgerton Code of Ordinances (Section 8-509) does have screening requirements for commercial and industrial users. There may also be additional screening requirements in the Edgerton Unified Development Code for a particular zoning designation. Please contact us if you are a commercial property owner and need trash services.