Assistance Programs

A trio of photos showing various families smiling at the camera.

The City of Edgerton partners with local, regional, and state agencies to offer assistance to residents in need.

Food Pantry

The Edgerton Food Pantry is open on the third Saturday of every month from 10 a.m. until noon. The food pantry is available for every family in the USD 231 school district. It is located at the corner of 4th and Hulett, across from the United Methodist Church.

Southwest Multi-Service Center

The Southwest Multi-Service Center provides Outreach Services to individuals and families in need living in the Gardner/Edgerton and Spring Hill school districts. They offer medical assistance, utility assistance, accessibility services-including in-home care and home-delivered meals, and catch-a-ride.

Please call 913-715-6653 to make appointments. The Multi-Service Center is open Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - noon, 1 - 5 p.m. They are located at 510 W Main St., Suite D, Gardner, KS 66030

Housing Assistance

The Kansas Housing Resources Corporation offers programs to help renters and homeowners who are struggling to afford their rent or mortgage.

The Kansas Emergency Rental Assistance program serves Kansans who have had difficulty paying or collecting rent, utility, or internet payments during the COVID pandemic. Approved applicants are eligible for up to 18 months of assistance.

The Kansas Homeowner Assistance Fund helps qualifying Kansans get current on their mortgages and property taxes and avoid foreclosure. KHAF serves all eligible Kansans who have had difficulty paying their mortgages, property taxes, homeowner association fees, utilities, or internet / broadband payments due to financial hardships during the COVID pandemic.

Utility Assistance Programs

Both Kansas Gas Service and Evergy offer programs to residents who are having trouble paying their gas or electric bills.  The Kansas Corporation Commission also maintains a list of utility and weatherization related assistance programs.

Other Aid

If you are in need of clothing or home goods, the City of Edgerton has vouchers for Joy Closet in Gardner. You can stop by City Hall to pick up a voucher during normal business hours.