Do you enjoy working with children, active older adults, and families? The City of Edgerton is seeking a new Recreation Coordinator.
The successful candidate will develop, plan, organize, promote, schedule, and supervise assigned Edgerton Parks and Recreation programs and events. This includes but is not limited to special events, festivals, recreation classes and activities, fitness, sports, hobbies, volunteer programs, and community programs like community gardening. This person will assist in the publicity of activities to foster involvement with program opportunities to support all ages; and provide assistance and support to assigned management staff. A flexible schedule is required as the Recreation Coordinator will work evenings, weekends, and holidays to accommodate programming and event schedules.
What you need to be successful:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with major course work in Recreation Administration, Leisure Services, or a related field.
• 2 years of progressively responsible experience in park and recreation programming
• Valid Kansas Driver’s License
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
• Able to work with a diverse group of people
The City of Edgerton offers a competitive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, and retirement through KPERS.
Applications will be accepted electronically by Ms. Leslee Rivarola, RR Municipal Advisory Services at email@example.com. Please include a cover letter, resume with salary history and a list of three to five professional references. Position will remain open until filled.