How Do I?

The City of Edgerton does require a building permit for pools. Check out for full details.

Edgerton utilizes a competitive public bidding process to award contracts to vendors for City projects. Please see available opportunities here.

The City of Edgerton has partnered with an online payment vendor for all city utilities – Payment Services Network (PSN). You can pay your Edgerton utility bill and access your Edgerton utility account online. You can pay your bill online here, or you may refer to our Resident Resources page for more information.

To apply for a business license, you can download the application form .You can turn this in at City Hall for a $5.00 fee. For more information on business licensing in the City, click here, or call City Hall at 913-893-6231

To report a pot hole online, please fill out this form and submit it online. Or, you may also call City Hall at 913-893-6231 and ask for our Public Works department. They will be able to assist you and give you a timeline for repair. 

Please visit our City Services page for more information!

Gardner Disposal is the provider of residential trash collection services for Edgerton residents and will provide one trash and one recycling cart to each residence.

To activate a new residential trash account, please contact City Hall at 913-893-6231. 

The City of Edgerton requires all dogs and cats to be licensed annually. License fee for dogs and cats is $5.00 per year. Licenses tags are available at the City Office and are good from January 1 to December 31st each year. Proof of a rabies vaccination, dated within six months, is required for purchase of a license tag. By licensing your pet, the City has a better chance of returning your pet should it be picked up by City staff.

To report a Code Violation, please fill out this form online, and submit it. Or, you may also contact City Hall at 913-893-6231 and ask for our Code Enforcement Officer, Charlie Lydon. 

Please contact City Hall at 913-893.6231.

The City of Edgerton is partnerned with Johnson County to use their notification and alert system, Notify JoCo. To sign up for Notify JoCo and receive alerts related to Edgerton, please visit here.