Can you handle juggling multiple projects and fast deadlines while coming up with innovative ways to solve problems? The City of Edgerton needs a dynamic CIP Project Manager.
This position is responsible for the management of the City of Edgerton’s capital improvement projects, including construction of facilities, parks, streets, utilities, etc. The successful candidate will manage projects from conceptual stage through design and construction. This position requires extensive interaction with outside professionals and the public. The CIP Project Manager will develop the annual Five-Year Capital Improvement Program and monitor projects for budget, scope of work, and timelines. Your contribution to the team will include grant writing for outside funding sources, plus tracking and reporting, and you may assist in the development and review of RFPs/RFQs. This position will make public presentations to the City Council, staff, citizens groups and others.
What you need to be successful:
• Bachelor’s degree in businesses, construction, engineering, city or urban planning, landscape architecture, geography, public administration or a related field
• 4-6 years of progressively responsible related experience
• Valid Kansas Driver’s License
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
• Knowledge of principals, practices and techniques of project management, construction, public works and local government matters
• All applicable state, federal and local ordinances, laws, rules and regulations
The City of Edgerton offers a competitive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, and retirement through KPERS.
Applications will be accepted electronically by Ms. Leslee Rivarola, RR Municipal Advisory Services at email@example.com. Please include a cover letter, resume with salary history and a list of three to five professional references. Full position description available here. Position will remain open until filled.