September 7, 2021:
UPDATE: Due to delays from the contractor, the work will now begin on September 8. Please do not park on the street on Wednesday, 9/8. Residents on these streets should receive notification at their homes.
The City’s contractor has moved up the schedule for Edgerton’s chip-seal street preservation project to begin. Instead of September 15, the chip-seal will now be applied on September 7.
Homeowners on the impacted streets will be receiving door hanger notifications from the contractor. The streets that will have the chip-seal applied are:
- 1st Street between 56 Hwy and Hulett
- Hulett between 1st and E. 5th streets
- E. 5th Street between McCarty and Nelson
- McCarty between 1st and E. 2nd streets & between E. 4th and E. 5th streets
- W. 4th between Edgewood and Heather Knoll
These streets will be temporarily blocked while crews are working. The process typically takes less than an hour per street and up to 24 hours to cure. Drivers will be able to drive slowly over the surface during the curing process.
If you have any questions, please contact Edgerton Public Works by calling 913.893.6231.