Baseball Field Information
The City of Edgerton offers two ball fields for teams and individuals to play. Field 1 is located on the eastern side of Martin Creek Park (20200 Sunflower Road) closest to Sunflower Road. Field 1 is available by reservation only and requires a key to enter. See reservation information below.
Field 2 is located on the southwest side of Martin Creek Park and is available on a first-come, first-served basis and does not require a key or reservation.
These fields are strictly practice fields and reservations are priced to reflect this. Field maintenance is scheduled in advance and we are unable to accommodate specific requests for chalking, dragging, etc.
Fields are open everyday from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. There is no electricity available at the fields.
Groups and individuals are welcome to reserve a ball field for practice or play between March 1 and October 31. The ball fields will be closed each year from November 1 through February 28 for maintenance. Reservations are subject to field availability.
Fill out a reservation request form by clicking the button at the top of this page or by picking up a form at City Hall (404 E. Nelson St. Edgerton, KS) during normal business hours. Forms should be emailed to the City’s recreation coordinator or submitted in person at City Hall.
For Teams To Reserve a Field in 2023
Field #1 is available to rent in two seasons: Spring Season runs from March 1 (weather dependent) through June 30 and Fall Season runs July 1 through October 31. Coaches must submit their top three choices for practice times. Times will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Your practice time is not reserved until you pay the refundable deposit. Coaches should email their completed reservation request form to email@example.com. You will then be sent an invoice for your chosen practices. The invoice is payable online or in person at City Hall during normal business hours.
NEW IN 2023: Coaches must choose among specific practice times. This is to allow the maximum number of teams to practice.
For the Spring Season, reservation forms for teams that qualify for the Edgerton resident discount will be accepted starting at 8:00 a.m. on February 6, 2023. Forms for non-resident teams will be accepted starting February 13, 2023 at 8:00 a.m.
For the Fall Season, Edgerton teams can submit their reservation forms beginning at 8:00 a.m. on June 5, 2023. Forms for non-resident teams will be accepted starting June 12, 2023 at 8:00 a.m.
If you submit your request form before the appropriate date and time, you will be asked to resubmit. Maximum practice reservation time of 90 minutes two times per week, one weekday and one weekend. If a team or coach chooses to cancel a practice for any reason, no make-up dates or refunds will be issued.
Once a team has a confirmed practice time, you can see your reservation on the Parks and Recreation calendar.
- Field 1 is only available upon request for $10 per hour or $15 for each 90-minute practice for non-residents. Teams who qualify for residency status (50% of team lives within Edgerton corporate city limits) can reserve the field for FREE. Coaches must provide a roster with addresses to qualify for residency status.
- Lights are available upon request for $20 per hour. A request for lights must be made to the recreation coordinator at least 2 days in advance. Payment for lights is due one business day before the requested date.
- A $50 refundable key deposit is required with application
- The total amount for the entire season is due when the field key is picked up.
- Field keys may be picked up one business day prior to your first practice
- Keys are due back to City Hall within one-week of your final reservation.
- The $50 deposit will be returned by mail to address listed on your reservation application
- If your key is lost, you must report it immediately to the recreation coordinator. You will lose your original key deposit and will need to pay an additional deposit for a new key. You will not have access to the field until the new key deposit is paid. We are unable to replace lost keys or provide field access due to lost keys outside of normal business hours.
- If the key is not returned within one week of your final practice, you will lose your deposit and this may affect your eligibility to reserve the field in the future.
The City reserves the right to close the fields due to weather or other conditions. Coaches will receive an email if fields are closed. Coaches can also call City Hall at 913-893-6231 during normal business hours for weather-related closure information.
If your practice is canceled by the recreation coordinator due to inclement weather or because the fields are too wet, they will work with you to determine a make-up date for that practice. No refunds will be given due to weather cancellations.
Please be weather aware and take necessary precautions in extreme heat, extreme cold, thunderstorms, and tornado watches/warnings.
To receive local alerts for weather, sign up for NotifyJoCo.
Field Use Policies
- Practice items are allowed as long as they do not damage the fields
- No electricity available at the fields
- Do not use the fields when there is standing water or if the recreation coordinator has closed the fields because they are too wet
- You assume responsibility for any damages to the field during your reservation time
- No pets allowed on the field
- No smoking or outside food and beverage other than water on the field
- No alcohol
- No glass containers
- Dispose of all trash
- Do not jump the fence if the field is locked or if you forgot your key
- Only use the field during your reserved time
- If you remove the base plugs, please replace them
- Please respect any other team’s reservation time before or after your reservation
The policies allow all teams to safely enjoy the fields and for Edgerton to continue to provide reservations for a low cost.
Any misuse of the fields may result in ineligibility to reserve the field in the future.